The Council for Leather Exports (CLE), India is the apex body for the International Promotion and Overall Development of the Indian Leather including Footwear Industry. Set up in 1984, CLE is an autonomous body functioning under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. It is the notified Export Promotion organization for the Indian Leather, Leather Products & Footwear Sectors, and also the largest representative body of these sectors with about 3500 companies as its registered members. The headquarters of CLE is in Chennai. Besides, the Council has four Regional Offices at Kanpur, New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and two Extension Offices at Agra & Jalandhar.
· Dissemination of market information, trends, policy matters and information on commercial, technical and technological developments in the Indian Leather industry.
· Participating in major international trade fairs, Buyer Seller Meets & specialized trade shows across the globe.
· Facilitating Joint Ventures & collaborations, and promoting FDI's in the Indian Leather Sector.
· Mooting Delegations to overseas countries with a view to identify sources for raw materials.
· Serving as a vital link between the Government and the industry members, while focusing on the overall growth of the Indian Leather industry.
M. Rafeeque Ahmed
Chairman- Council for Leather Exports
The International Union of Shoe Industry Technicians (UITIC), established in 1972, is an organization which aims at developing technical knowledge in the footwear industry, in particular by organizing international conferences on a regular basis and by taking the initiative in setting up information exchanges between its members, exclusively in the field of technology
UITIC's main activity is to organize the most prestigious meeting of experts in the world, an International Technical Congress. This event tackles the latest technical problems or innovation in the footwear industry. Visits of footwear factories and related industries are organized.
UITIC is proposing two links between its members for spreading the latest information on the footwear industry : UITIC News and the www.uitic.org website. UITIC's members are technicians from associations and research centres, private companies and footwear experts, coming from 27 countries.
President of UITIC
CEO of CTC Group